As you get into boating or sailing or adventuring or anything else for that matter you will want to stay abreast of what is new, what is happening and where it is happening. Magazines are great to keep you current, but also since their archives contain a lot of data and information, learn to mine it and educate your self in all things boats. They also have interesting articles about where to go to keep you excited and motivated. (Boat mags rock.)
On-line - Some have print editions, some have a paywall (but they are worth it)
- Active Captain - is a great site once you start actually start adventuring, but look around you will learn a lot.
- Anchorage.io - is a free, open-source, community-powered cruising guide
- Attainable Adventure - The offshore voyaging reference site. Some parts are behind a pay wall, which are very worth the small cost.
- Bluewater Sailing - is about exactly what it's name says.
- Boating - The worlds largest power boat magazine.
- Cursing Outpost - The boating and cruising lifestyle magazine.
- Good Old Boat - Boating magazine for the rest of us.
- Guide to Sailing and Cruising Stories
- MySailing.com au - If you are sailing or planning to sail down under than this is a must read. (It also is a good resource for the rest of us).
- Noonsite - The global site for cruising sailors.
- North 10 Degrees
- Ocean Navigator - Marine navigation and ocean voyaging.
- The Practical Sailor - Independent tests of boats and gear for the serious sailor.
- Sail Magazine - As the name says its all about sailing any size boat.
- Sailing Today - UK based sailing.
- Sailboat-cruising.com - An experienced couples wisdom and collected research on boats and cruising life style.
- WaveTrain: A Blog About Cruising Sailboats
- The World Cruising and Sailing Wiki - an online world cruising guide