If your boat is your home then your dinghy is your car. It is what you will use to get ashore in far away places. It will carry you to pickup your guests and groceries, so you want it big enough and fast enough to suit your living style. Today most dinghies are inflatables but there are alternatives per the list below. Some of these can be rowed and/or sailed. You might also look into kayaks and paddle boards, both of which com in rigid and inflatable styles.
- Bullfrog Boats - Looks like an inflatable, but it is not.
- Dinghy US - Rigid Inflatable
- Frewza Boats - An aluminum alternative
- Livingston Boats - Worldcraft skiff, very stable design
- Oceancraft - Another aluminum dinghy
- OCTenders - My favorite - Light weight composites, it planes with a small engine and looks cool.
- Portland Pudgy - Plastic, unsinkable and very well designed
- Polycraft - Polyethylene (plastic), very stable design
- Dinghy Dog - Not a boat, but boat protectors, to protect your boat from a hard dinghy
- Whaly - Tender