Now That You Have Your Boat
Congratulations! You have a "new to you" boat. I am going to make a couple of assumptions in this section. First, that you are not independently wealthy and second, you bought a used boat that needs some work. If I am wrong then go to You Bought a New Boat. I am also going to assume that you have gone thru the links and videos under Before Your First Boat. So now your challenges are to get your boat in shape to go on adventures, and learn all the systems in your boat so you can repair them in exotic places. You also need to learn how to sail "your boat" and of course start planning your adventures.
What To Do and How To Do It
- Refitting - Getting the boat ready to safely go on your adventure AND safely return.
- Outfitting - Adding all the stuff inside and topside to start adventuring.
- Provisioning - Buying and preparing vitals and water to start your adventure.
- Fixing stuff that breaks - Guaranteed this will happen to you and Murphy says it will happen at the worst time.
- Maintaining - This is the art of keeping things shiny, oiled, and looking good. The admiral will make sure to let you know your priorities.
- Learning from others - If you don't know or don't understand "ASK!". There are people all around willing to help so don't be bashful, just ask.