When you buy a boat there will be lots of things to fix and maintain. Maintenance falls into a lot of categories. First, of course is the boat itself, then there are all the systems on the boat like electrical, plumbing, electronics, mechanical and so on. Every boat is different so there are going to be certain things that apply to your boat and other things that don't, but there will also be a lot of things that are common to all boats. So even if you don't have a boat yet, you can still learn about the more general things, so when you do get your own boat, at least you will have the basics down. So here is a starter list of boat maintenance things to learn.
- Marine plumbing - see Fixing
- Marine electrical wiring - see Electrical and Fixing
- Wood repairs and finishing - see Fixing
- Fiberglass repair - see Fixing
- Stainless steal maintenance - see Fixing
- Diesel engine maintenance - see Marine Engines
- Electronics troubleshooting - see Electrical and Fixing ( it is often the wiring or a fuse )