Sources of Information
There are lots of places to get information such as books, magazines and just Googling a subject. But there are also boat oriented forums where different groups of boaters gather to discuss and debate all things boat. There are also many knowledgeable sailors who would love to connect with you and share their experiences. Just buy them a beer or two and you will learn more than you ever wanted to know about the minutia of boats and cruising.
You might also start commenting on websites of cruisers, asking questions of interest. Who knows they might become your best mate.
- Books - This is only a small sample of books on the practical aspects of boating.
- Forums - Forums are a great place to learn all about the details of boating and to discover many boaters are very strongly opinionated.
- Magazines - There are many online and paper magazines that are very useful to both initially learn and to keep up on all things boats.
- Boating Organizations - Depending on your particular interests, there are organizations to help you learn and support you as you adventure.
- Product Videos - You can learn a lot by watching vendors demonstrate their products. Watch and learn.
- Reference Sites - This is a list of links to sites that have extensive information about all things boat and cruising.
- Adventures in Progress - This site's huge list of blogs and video blogs, use this list to find your kindred spirits.